Picking which bike is right for you can be a very difficult and time-consuming task, and even once you think that you’ve decided you may find yourself regretting your choice and wishing that you had picked a different model for years to come. Which type of bike you want to ride also plays a major part in this process, there are four main types of bike in the modern world; these are Racing, Road, Hybrid and Mountain Bikes.
Each of these has been specifically designed for different uses. Some people chose to race their bikes and challenge for Medals in worldwide events, or simply do so for fun setting themselves speed challenges, etc. There are mountain bikes which are used to navigate through difficult terrains. Hybrid bikes are a mix between these and aim to give users the ability to use them as both the perfect road and mountain bike simultaneously.
There is one major question you must ask yourself before purchasing any pedal bike, that is; what am I going to use it for? If you’re looking for a bike to simply cycle to work and back on then you will probably be best searching for a Road Bike, however, if you will be using this bike to take a trip through your local Forest trail and improve your fitness then a Mountain bike may be more suitable. If you want a Bike that can do both of these things while staying stable and reliable, then a Hybrid could be just what you’re looking for.
There are a couple of reasons for you to pick each type of bike depending on what you’re using them for. You can find some bullet points below on each type of bike and why you would pick one over the other.
- If you’re looking for extra speed, then a Road Bike is definitely for you. There is no type of bike that will go quicker than a top of the line Road bike.
- Racing, if you want to get into or already race your pedal bike, then you’ll probably want to look at road bike’s a Hybrid. Although some Hybrids can be good for racing a Road Bikes extra speed and personalization abilities mean they are slightly better.
- If you’re looking for a bike which can be used as a part of your fitness program, then a road bike is a much smarter choice.
- For those who want a bit of extra handling ability and don’t plan to try and go as quickly as possible.
- If you don’t plan to race your bicycle and instead plan to go over some more difficult terrains at some point, then a Hybrid is the place to look.
We hope this article has been a helping hand in deciding which Bike suits your needs best!